Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not play one dealer against another in this price range, it is low-class. Also, sends a mesage to dealers that you will give them a bad CSI score. That means a huge financial loss for a dealership, since most LR dealers are low volume and can't overcome a bad score. Instead, do proper research and pay a fair price.

I agree with gfcronus in principle

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Responding to you and taking you seriously are two very different things.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I didn't play 1 dealer off another when I purchased my LR4. I only have 1 dealer within 200 miles anyway.

Here is what I did do: I found another vehicle that would have fit the bill for our needs. I actually had two, GL550 and the GX460. I really wanted the LR4, but I knew what I was willing to spend on it, and I had already collected my best deals on the other trucks. When I went to the dealer, I basically said, I really like your truck and it would fit great for our family and life style, but so would these other trucks. Here are the deals I have for them; I had a folder with all the quotes from dealers I had collected in person.

It accomplished a few things for me. The dealership knew I was serious and that I was really in the market. I had all my ducks in a row and knew what my trade in was worth, along with quotes from the other dealers on my trade in. With options that I was willing to take other than the LR4, it eased my mind that I had viable alternatives if I couldn't make a deal on the LR4.
In the end, from the time I het the LR dealer to the time I had commited to our deal was less then 3 hours. That was with a test drive of the LR4, a test drive of my trade in with the dealership, a tour and some chit chat.

Having all your facts, numbers, and frame of mind going in will certainly help you.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the LR3 today with my wife and we like it, going to check out some different colors on Monday at a sister dealer location. Question is price, looking for a fair deal like anyone else would. Edmunds seems to indicate a $2k or so discount from MSRP, for an HSE with climate package this is about $2500 over invoice which seems reasonable given the limited supply and selection. The dealers here add Lo Jack for $700 which I don't want or care to pay for. Maybe able to find one without but not sure - what is this worth, $200?

Finally, are we getting to that point in the year where '11s should be further discounted - it doesn't look like they will receive many more 2011 units so I suspect pressure to discount is minimal as supply is very limited here (unless you want white Lux).

Any thoughts welcomed as I would like to wrap this deal up before the end of next week and would like to feel confident in my pricing knowledge.
You may be able to find a great deal as we approach the 2012 model year. But, as you stated, sometimes it's tough to find the color you want. Also, regarding color, a few of them have been discontinued, so if you want a certain color, you may want to look for a left over 2011. I took delivery of mine in February, but it was tough to find the color I wanted and ended up going with a Nara Bronze. Don't get me wrong, I love the color, so it worked out well. I know a couple people who got their LR4 half way and across the country.

Best of luck - keep us posted! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam