Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
gfcronus - I may be a new poster to the board, but I have been reading your idiotic/useless comments for sometime and that last one was spoken like a true *****. Either that or you are rolling in cash and a few thousand doesn't matter to you - which must be nice, but to most people in the world a few thousand is still a few thousand and I would rather it be in my pocket than another's.

My point is, pay a price that you feel comfortable paying. Tactics like "playing one dealer off of another" is something people do for mass-produced American cars like the Ford Explorer, not for high-end vehicles like the Land Rover. If you are so concerned about getting one over on the salesman (or vice-versa), then you're shopping for the wrong product. Again, my point is, pay a price that you feel comfortable paying. Don't worry about whether the salesman just swindled you out of $500 or $1,000 or whatever. Sheesh.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
If you are paying cash $500 or $1,000 is a big deal, the fact that it is in relation to a large number is irrelevant. If you are financing or leasing then haggling over the price or getting undesired options may not seem so impactful but not everyone buys cars that way and you should be aware of that.

Also this is not about ripping off the salesman or dealer, it is about paying a competitive and fair price as I tried to explain in my last post.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah shopping around for the price "you feel comfortable" paying is just plain CRAZY. Apparently you should just find a dealership, walk in, and trust that they are going to give you the best possible deal. Thick sarcasm.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gfcronus, do you play poker? Bc i'd be willing to be you're the sucker

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah shopping around for the price "you feel comfortable" paying is just plain CRAZY. Apparently you should just find a dealership, walk in, and trust that they are going to give you the best possible deal. Thick sarcasm.

No, you should do some research beforehand, then walk in, establish a rapport, and come across as someone who knows what he is talking about. Not really that difficult.

But this game of, "Oooohhh, LR Anaheim Hills said they'd give me X dollars off of MSRP...if you can't match that, then I'm walking" is for classless dimwits.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you just tell them that another dealership is offering me X and if you can't or won't beat that offer then I will do business with the other guys. Simple. I don't think anyone here has advocated speaking to them in a childish bratty tone.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think im alone in saying that no one here takes you seriously.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
gfcronus, do you play poker? Bc i'd be willing to be you're the sucker

Hoya, I suggest you stick to Ford Explorers or Chevy Traverses if you intend to walk into a dealership with your poker face on. LR is too refined for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam