Driving Lamps - LR4/D4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this solution and really preferred it. Im planning to wire them in to the bright lights.
epu3ydap.jpg
vezurury.jpg
zynatuzy.jpg

Do you have any clearer pictures of that mount? How solid is it? I imagine the lights bounce / vibrate around a bit on those long extensions. I am desperately looking for a mounting solution for a 20" light bar.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm out of the country right now, but I'll get you a quick iPhone video of the shake. I used aluminum stock, but with steel it may be more sturdy. I wanted a lot of light close range rather that two miles out so I get the 69deg flood. They make a huge difference, but if they were spots I'm sure the shake would be noticeable. I wired these to my brights with a cut-off, and love them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Looking forward to your reply. I'd like to see a clearer pic, if possible, of what you mounted brackets to behind the grille.

ANGLR4

Reaction score
I went with a 30" spot/flood combo bar in the front grill. Didn't want to have a light on my bumper or on the roof. Roof light seam to bounce light back during snow/rain/fog. I like the effect from the front grill. Some have said the Rigid is the way to go and I tried both the rigid and the tough stuff. Quality and fit and finish are identicle. Ruggedness is the same. Couldn't find any reason to pay up to four times for the rigid. Besides, I saved so much money ($275) I can afford to by almost four for the price of one rigid.
I mounted it in my grill so it is tucked out of the way and looks like part of the original plan. Light output is basically the same. I don't think the rigid are worth paying that much more. Either way, if you wire them in to respond to your high beam switch, make sure you put in an override switch to make sure you don't actually deploy the sun in town.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a 30" spot/flood combo bar in the front grill. Didn't want to have a light on my bumper or on the roof. Roof light seam to bounce light back during snow/rain/fog. I like the effect from the front grill. Some have said the Rigid is the way to go and I tried both the rigid and the tough stuff. Quality and fit and finish are identicle. Ruggedness is the same. Couldn't find any reason to pay up to four times for the rigid. Besides, I saved so much money ($275) I can afford to by almost four for the price of one rigid.
I mounted it in my grill so it is tucked out of the way and looks like part of the original plan. Light output is basically the same. I don't think the rigid are worth paying that much more. Either way, if you wire them in to respond to your high beam switch, make sure you put in an override switch to make sure you don't actually deploy the sun in town.

Your install looks awesome and I think I prefer yours. If I had seen it first, I would have gone that way. I think we installed on the same weekend. The output of my two D2s is amazing, I can't imagine 30". We'll Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ANGLR4

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. I had a blast. I relayed them into the high beams and when they come on the truly flood the area with light. They say to never drive faster than your headlights? I think 175 would be pushing it. I did have to relocate the horns to the right fender between the headlight assembly and the filter box.
I also got to buy a couple new tools like a cordless dremell. It made all the difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90