2016 LR4 Suspension Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front valve block is for the front struts only, left to right balance.
The center valve block handles front to rear.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The center valve block actually just controls the flow to/from the reservoir. The gallery connects to the compressor and front/rear valve blocks and has a pressure sensor. The front and rear blocks have 3 valves - individual valves for each side, and a cross link valve. To inflate, if there's enough air in the reservoir it will just open the center valve to pressurize the gallery, then open whichever corner valve it wants to raise.

I replaced the O-Rings in the center valve block tonight, then logged gallery pressure. The reservoir was up to 1200 to 1300 kPa (~175PSI), and dropped pretty quickly to about 1000 (145psi) after the rear raises. Then the compressor kicks in while the front valves open, and then it waits. I think my compressor is likely the culprit and might not be able to reach the target pressure.

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheapest source for an original compressor is one of the UK-based suppliers, LR Centre. I had an AMK compressor and some new tubes (they call it an installation kit) shipped to me for about $550.

Of course, it's still sitting on my shelf because I wound up not needing it just yet.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found a supposedly genuine Hitachi on Amazon for $480. I will inspect it carefully before installing it to make sure it is genuine. If no Hitachi markings, I'll send it back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72