Another Battery Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting some corrosion on the negative terminal, would this be a symptom of something?

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting some corrosion on the negative terminal, would this be a symptom of something?

Not sure about the symptom, there are a lot of theories about that right now. But one thing for sure is that it can be a cause for future problem(s). Best way to avoid those is to keep an eye on it and clean it periodically and make sure no spills occur behind or under the battery. The adjacent electronic control units can possibly get damaged causing many problems that could easily be avoided.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good. A few 25 degree mornings and no error messages. It'll be 7 degrees F tomorrow. That'll be the real test.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know... What battery did you end up getting?

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the interstate mtp93. It was 10 degrees F today when we started the vehicle and no issues. I may go get it tested to see if the numbers are at 100% but all looks good

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112