5.0 supercharged into an LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind to share some details about this conversion from Denso to Bosch? Some said it's impossible due to different bus speeds, though I've seen pre-lift cars with Bosch infotainment and rest being pre-lift as well as would swear seen an ad of one or two of post-lifts (gear knob, ligths) and old Denso infotainment. It was said at other forums, that it was at the time when they were shifting from pre to post-lift builds. This all suggested it would be possible though so far no one confirmed to get it working.
Hopefully yours worked out!
Ok, this really needs its own thread, but I'll try and sum everything up quickly.

Short answer....sorta. Everything is in, and works, but yes, I'm having issues with the MS CAN and HS CAN talking to correctly.

Here's what I did; I replaced everything! I thought it was simply a couple of modules, and that couldn't have been further from the truth. EVERYTHING INFOTAINMENT RELATED IS DIFFERENT!!!! Not to mention, there are several items that aren't infotainment related that are also different.

I stripped the dash wiring harness out and installed a 2012 harness. Ideally I would have swapped a 2012 Body harness in, but all I had was a 2016 body harness and that was too different from the 2012 due to the newer "dial shifter", so I simply scavenged the bits I needed from it. What ensued was a VERY long period of time where I would trace wires from source to destination and I re-pinned half the connectors in the kick panel. I installed the rear quarter panel AMP, KVM and XM receiver bracket as well as associated boxes, 2012 XM receiver and 2016 Meridian AMP, then installed new AM/FM signal boosters. (This involved soldering a connector button to the driver's rear quarter panel glass.). Additionally, I removed all the "old" 2010 wiring and installed the new ICE/NAV link from the from to the rear. I then bought a 2013 gauge cluster, modified the EEPROM so the VIN, security code and mileage would match the existing cluster and installed it. I removed most of the old amp and speaker harness and ran the newer Bosch style one...which routed to the rear quarter panel amp vs under the passenger seat where it has been.

I replaced the Touch screen display, CD player (aka AHU) and the cd player trim panel (because the slot is above the eject button in the newer models).

To date, it sorta works. The radio works, the blue tooth phone interface works, the steering wheel controls work, and the buttons on the console work. However, the system information that should be displayed, such as all menu items, 4x4 info etc... aren't present. This is because I'm still running the 2010 BCM. If I use the SDD tool and auto VIN ID, the MS CAN bust system comes up perfectly, but non of the HS CAN Bus modules are there. If I manually enter my 2012's VIN, the HS CAN Bus modules are there, but the MS CAN bus aren't. It looks like my passenger door module has fried itself, so I get a security error when trying to update the BCM to 2012 software. To add insult to injury, my SDD dongle quit working and I've had to order another one before I can reprogram my used passenger door module to match the system...in order to get rid of the security issue...and hopefully reprogram the BCM. If that still won't work, I have a used 2013 BCM I plan on trying to integrate. In theory, once the BCM is talking the same way the Instrument cluster and rest of the infotainment system is, I should be good to go. Although I may have to flash a few other modules along the way before it works perfectly.

lrovy

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, it deserves a separate thread and am pretty sure number of people will try to follow your steps :) I know at least one or two ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam