up hill issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maintenence history : changed oil every 3000 + miles. about 3 months ago replace plugs, wires and coil packs....OUTCH...... on coil packs. also change air filter last oil change. About 1 month ago replaced sensor on anti lock brakes. Front driver side. I had to replace valve cover gaskets to cure my oil leak. 2 weeks ago replace gas filter, had to remove rear right tire to get to it. Replaced filter cause every time it would go uphill i would gas it and it would gear up and sputter/ choke untill i let up on the peddle and it would gear down. still driving it but every time i put it under load it will spit and sputter
also at low idle like starting i have to peddle it a couple of time to get it started......any thoughts? 97 disco with 173000 miles. i am the second owner first put alot into it I have owned it for two years.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stumbling at idle sounds like the IAC a/k/a "Stepper Motor." Do a search for those terms on here and you'll find some help.

Andy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
May also be the fuel pump... if having issues going up a hill

P

penguinpwrd

Again, this could be anything. You should try to search before posting, but anything here could be the issue. Try looking at your fuel pump, or the injectors. Check the fuel preesure off of the release valve on the rail on the engine close to the left lifter cover. You should have something close to 30 psi (+/- 2psi). If you have any less, it could be your fuel pump or lines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635