TPS resistance numbers, brass radiator plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey got a couple of questions for a 95 D1. Do you know the meter reading I should get off the 3 wires in the connector
to the TPS? How I should read it like center pin to left or center to right?
Left to right? This while reading the Fluke meter and what kind of resistance
numbers are the normal range? I did not see amy resistance reading numbers in
my Factory Workshop Manual or complete service parts manual. Got a code 19 and a couple hot restart stumbles, threw a few revs and cleared up, cleared code and fine for three days now but need to know as this might be the warning of a TPS failure to come especially in the winter in the rain.. Was thinking use tuner spray / cleaner but only after a resistance check and if smooth up / down the resistance scale first. Need the maximum and minimum readings and off which terminals to read off.

I also I asked on another thread instead of starting my own, who has a brass
radiator filler / burp plug in brass as my plastic one failed me in the mountains.
At least I was on the highway and a felt sorry for owning a Rover person ('ex himself) came back with a epoxy mix kit. I cleaned and epoxied then screwed in 4-5 threads only to
get me home but still get channel locks on the stub to remove. For now another
stealers plastic POS plug. Not to be trusted more than you want to walk item hence
a brass one. Thanks and it still runs just two doors open now, broken latch lock springs.

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about the resistance... can't seem to find the info. I can tell you that a TPS will either work or it won't... cleaning with contact cleaner will not hurt it.

My question is why other than a code 19 do you think the TPS is bad? the stumble and then clearing up sounds more like something is dirty or in need of a tune up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo