Nevermind...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

invisible

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Let me describe the condition I have encountered yesterday and would be glad if you tell me what it was.

After locking the vehicle (US version, HSE) with remote, after trying to unlock it with remote pressing the unlock button twice to unlock read doors - does not work. Pressing the unlock button on the console does not help either. Locking/unlocking car with remote or the key - same situation - read doors, tailgate and fuel cap remain locked.

I drove home, parked car in the garage, connected the battery to maintainer (just in case). This morning, came down, saw that battery is fully charged. Tried to unlock rear door - same situation. Tried with the second key - same. Then I put key in the ignition, turned it to position II, but did not lock the car. Then turned the key to off, removed the key, closed the door, locked the car. When pressing the unlock button twice - now rear doors and fuel cap are unlocked. I repeated lock/unlock with the second key - works. Also checked the button on console - also locks/unlocks all doors.

My questions: what it was, what caused this, how to avoid this happening again and was the procedure to bring back everything to normal right one?

P.S. Does anyone got link to 2005 RR HSE US version manual? Driving it for 2 years already but have not seen the manual yet...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an LR3 forum; you will probably get better feedback from the Range Rover section. Our fuel doors don't lock. The LR3 also has a manual keyhole "just in case."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72