throttle butterfly opening ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a small problem that I would prefer to solve with the right information:
Range rover p38 4.6 HSE 1998 I took apart the plenum chamber to clean the system , I cleaned every thing but did not think the problem that I was getting into :::I cannot find anywhere the Throttle butterfly opening spec .I took out the small Allen screw that is the stop point for the accelerator system and did not check the opening of the butterfly inside ..so now I have a great daub, haw much open should I live open the butterfly ?I have it at this point at o.5 mm difference between the upper one and lower one from the outside 74 mm/up and 74.5mm dawn but then the automatic gear box is not in right range from the throttle potentiometer .Do you have any info on that ?
Saludos cordiales,

Pascal

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• Fuel 1.jpg
    Fuel 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • fuel 2.jpg
    fuel 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 19

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works..

Joey hi, this information is for the Classic one but it did help because I used the .05 mm data and every thing came back to normal. I think this data might apply to New Range Also, it would be nice to check with a new Range expert if it is confirmed?? But just in case if we do not find the confirmation this opening works, so if there is a difference it must be very small.

Thanks a lot for your help
Saludos
Pascal

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could help, I don't have much data on the 99.5 and newer vehicles or the newer RR's, but I still have alot of info :biggrin:

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey hi, I wander if you can give me you opinion on something that is going around my mind for days now::
Rover connection is selling a chip that improves a better HP on Range Rovers, have you heard anyone with a serious criteria on the results.. Because I had an experience in another car and after a while I had to take the chip out because of bad idle in heavy traffic.
By the way my Range is working just perfect with 0.5 opening, 23 steps, 650 rpm everything is just fine it seams if it is not the right official setting we are very close .Thanks again.
Saludos cordiales,

Pascal.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have talked to several people about chiping the rover, and this is a torn subject between cost and performance. You can get one chip here in the states, IIRC it is made by superchips around $400+or-, or you can go though a company in the UK for a cost of $1000+or- that will give you two chips.

The one chip unit is for fuel only
The two chip unit is for fuel and ignition IIRC I would have to look this back up to be sure.

I have talked to a couple of people who have gone the single chip route and they have no complaints, but keep in mind would you really tell anyone that you spent that much money and didn't get any perfromance.... kind of like buy a male enhancement pill and find out it doesn't work.... would you tell anyone?

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Joey...You are very clear on your point of view, I thought so to...I think I’ll just stay put.. Thanks for your ****** explanation ha .ha.
Saludos
Pascal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112