Range Rover Sport Tailgate Won’t Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwright

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE. It was parked for a few days while I was out of town, but when I arrived home the hatch opened right up. Drove 15 minutes, pressed the button on the door of the tailgate and it opened about 15% and slammed shut.

It now refuses to open more than a few inches. I had to pry it open enough to be able to slam it shut to get the ‘tailgate open’ off the dash. It looks like the right side is trying to open more than the left.

Any ideas? Thanks!

abean

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and ran across your post, did you ever get your door figured out? The reason I ask is because I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE, I want to sell mine and need to fix 2 things that have been broken since 2017 1) back hatch door malfunction, and 2) peeling/lifted dashboard.

Same scenario with my hatch. Went to open it one day, only opened a little so I attempted to pull it open, never worked the same since. It has never fully shut/latched down since. Did you get yours figured out?

mwright

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and ran across your post, did you ever get your door figured out? The reason I ask is because I have a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE, I want to sell mine and need to fix 2 things that have been broken since 2017 1) back hatch door malfunction, and 2) peeling/lifted dashboard.

Same scenario with my hatch. Went to open it one day, only opened a little so I attempted to pull it open, never worked the same since. It has never fully shut/latched down since. Did you get yours figured out?

I read that a low battery could cause the issue, so I took it to Auto Zone. Conveniently, the battery was obviously behind the inoperable hatch and the Auto Zone employee noticed the left strut was unlatched from the little socket it fits into.

He pushed it back into place, but it popped out after I opened it a time or two.

Ordered this part on Amazon and watched a YouTube video to replace it. No problems since!

ECCPP Lift Support Power Tailgate... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CF7ZHLW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72