Ironman 4x4 Drawers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I've added a bumper mount tire carrier, I've decided to use the spare location for two Trail'd tanks so I like having access to the winch too. Hope to see a reasonable solution for drawer access as I'd like to copy the approach! :)
I see Ironman sells the drawers as singles too. Wonder if you could buy two singles and space them apart to leave a gap down the center to hit the winch?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have not had any opportunity to mess with these drawers. They are still sitting "loose" in the back of the LR4.

But one thing I wished I would have realized before I bought them is that they do not use typical drawer slides. Instead, they use a system of rollers and a channel. You can see that in the official Ironman video I posted above. I'm not sure what exact difference this makes beyond the obvious. But what I do know is that these things have been noisy when I drive around with them in the back. Maybe they will quiet down once some weight is in the drawers? Maybe I can ameliorate the noise with some grease or by rubbing a wax candle on the channel? Not sure.

Could be a lesson in you get what you pay for. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72