Spark Plug Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amosier23

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've been doing some research on doing a spark plug change on my 06 w/ almost 91k miles.

I took a look under the hood and got the panels taken off to where I could see the coils. I tried to take the first one out, but after I took the bolt out, it didn't want to come out of the hole. It came out about 3 inches but it was like it was stuck on something.

I didn't want to fool with it too much so I just put it all back together. Looks like a pretty tight job. That was just on the driver side too. The passenger side looks like even more work. Is it worth doing yourself, or taking it to my indy for about $160 plus the plugs?

I've never done a spark plug job, but i'm a pretty good DIY'er. I don't want to cause more damage than good though.

Any tips would be great! Love this site!

amosier23

Reaction score
Thanks. I read that thread the other day which really helped me know what to look for. Good information in there.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished this up. It's quite simple. It took me under two hours. Remove the heat shield on the drivers side. On the pass side remove the air box/intake hose, flying saucer looking vent on top of the valve cover, and unclip the heater hoses so that you can move them around. I used two 3 inch extensions. One extension just barely reaches the plug while you can still touch it. If you're careful and pull one extension off at a time, the plugs come right out. The hardest part for me was getting the electrical connectors to unclip from the coil packs. I was able to get my torque wrench on 7 of them. The drivers side nearest the firewall I couldn't so I guesstimated on that one. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112