Polybush kit from Atlantic British

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have or have seen the polybush kit from Atlantic British. Seems like a good move vs. the stock bushings. Price is $450 and looks to include every bushing on the rig. Bet you would pay a ton for labor though. I think I might pull the trigger.
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9746.cfm

2005 LR3 SE V8

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just replaced rear bushings in sway bar... cost like 250 at dealer to install a set of 10 bushings.... goto a local shop to have them install i'd say..

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my bushings replaced a few thousand miles ago....but as soon as they go out again I will be snapping these AB Polybushes up and having them installed in lieu of the OE bushings.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed their LR3 kit is the red firm bushing set. Anyone know how this would compare to OE? Also, would polybush last a lot longer?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The claim is that the polybushes can last up to five times longer than the OE ones. I had no idea what polybushes were before yesterday, but after doing some reading on the internet, it seems there are tradeoffs with the firmer ones. You get tighter suspension and handling which is good for on-road, but can be uncomfortable off-road. It also means that the polybushes are redirecting the stresses to the vehicle chassis, body, and other components.

I think my front bushings are going bad, so I'll get a set of the polybushes some time this year before I get new tires. Which means I'd better start saving up.

calibre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like there are blue, orange and red polybush sets that provide different comfort levels. Has anyone tried the blue or orange? Or just the red? How does this red set ride? Too stiff?

I really like the idea of not having to change bushings a lot....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd really like this solution to be vetted through the LR3 community (here and abroad) before I pull the trigger, but when I do I will most likely go Orange.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my bushings replaced under warranty... When i need to replace them again I will go with the poly set. The one that is most comparable to stock ride

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed their LR3 kit is the red firm bushing set. Anyone know how this would compare to OE? Also, would polybush last a lot longer?

Can't hardly last shorter!

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you got that right...had poly bushing on my old bmw...lasted forever

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member