Nudge Bar Opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the LR nudge bar? This is not the a-frame plastic one, but the actual metal wraparound bar. My local dealer has one for a really good deal, but not sure how it will affect front end weight, approach angles, etc. Any thoughts? Pictures would be nice too if you have any. Thanks

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had one for 4 years. Works great. I often nudge rocks with it to be sure I wont tear front end up.

948ddcd2.jpg

It isn't too heavy, and it even survived my wife backing into it in her car.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, looks great. Any more pics of it on your black LR3? Also, is there any noticeable increase in wind noise? I already have the LR expedition roof rack, so I probably won't notice it anyways, but just curious.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Stainless one like this made by Aires if anyone wants it. Make an offer and it's yours. PM me.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I much prefer it to the plastic square one that I had originally. I ripped that sucker off as soon as I could as this looks so much better IMHO and doesn't completely hide the front of the vehicle. It's also a lot easier to get the hood open too. I've never noticed any noise from it either, although that might be due to the rack.

1020605.jpg

D3X2267-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using the A-Bar made by Rover. Thought it didn't look bad:

http://members.***.net/angasreid/world/a-bar.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the A-frame looks better too, Angas....everyone's taste is different; don't sweat it.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree - that's why there's choice. The A-frame I originally had did look more integrated and hi-tech and was a better match stylistically with the rest of the LR3 trim. The tubular setup has a different appeal but ultimately they both do the same job. Heck, some people love the agricultural bridge girder look of the ARB too :tongue: (yuk btw)

I think the A-frame version is probably more people friendly though. However, I'm not people friendly :bootyshak

One benefit I do find with the tubular nudge bar is that it doesn't intrude into the view over the hood. The A-frame version presents a bar across the end of the hood that you see from inside and this has the effect of making the hood look a little longer and higher. It's not a big deal but it was a difference I noticed when I changed over. The tubular nudge bar is completely invisible to the driver by comparison. I'm not saying it's better, just different.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote a-frame too. Those with out one may not realize its coated in a dense foam. Nice to sit on, but already I lost a chunk on the trail. Luckily its hidden by my front plate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge