Anyone have Tactical Rover Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do understand what you are saying. My point is that there is hope that this Dunlop will work, even based on your own statements. As per below:

"The original/older pump did fit, even if it required loosing the bottom half of shell. The new pump does not fit no matter what even with BS relocation bracket to tuck it up higher."

So....the Hitachi fit in the box; the AMK did NOT fit in the box; the Dunlop DOES fit in the box. Therefore, while not conclusive, there is a chance that the Dunlop will work with the RS Sliders.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you say amk didn't fit in it's box? Mine have all fit in their respective boxes.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jwest, by "box" I was referring to the acoustic box mounted to the LR3's frame.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well obviously. And all my compressors have fit in theirs. They come IN the box, why wouldn't they fit? What are you talking about?

:confused:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh....now I see. I did not know that they each came with their own acoustic box. So then, is the AMK's box larger than the Hitachi's?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really know. All I know is I bought my lr3 new, it had a compressor inside the foam lined 2 piece shell. That compressor ultimately got replaced under warranty and the new one came with it's own specific but similar shell.
The only time the bottom half had to be left off was on the first model which now I recall was WAY smaller than the one under the car now. The first one actually all fit fine above the slider as long as lower half of shell is removed.

With new bigger compressor, removing the shell isn't enough due to other dimensional interference.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. There is a re-location bracket available, from Tactical Rovers (4x4 now) but I have heard that it still doesn't solve the problem for RS Sliders; only for the TR Sliders. The Dunlop is also 5 pounds lighter. It's clearly smaller...just gotta hope it's all in the right places.

I am not gonna go first, because for now, my Hitachi (3rd one...? 4th one? Something like that) is working well (knock on wood).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE: TR bracket, yes, you may have "heard" from me a few posts up ;) It's a seriously difficult installation too. Could have been designed much better.

Mine now must be Hitachi because it's huge and heavy.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to pull the cover off tomorrow and see about shifting the whole thing forward to allow refitting of the sliders. Will verify compressor model at that time and let you know.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that; thanks. FYI, it was another poster that stated the Re-Lo bracket does not work with RS sliders and the AMK. ....but then another person said that it can be done but that their are slight differences in install, slight enough, such that it may work on some vehicles and not others. I think we've seen this (variance) in other areas, too.

It's a game of inches!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112