Almost Ready!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3ISFORME

Reaction score
I also repainted the letters on my hood flat black and thought I would show it off. Haven't done the back yet.

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

escociabhoy

Reaction score
What kind of paint did you use on the letters, did you sand them down first? I'm pretty interested in doing this myself as mine appear to be in a pretty similar condition as yours were before the repaint.

LR3ISFORME

Reaction score
I just made sure to wash/dry them real good before I painted. Although in my opinion I would get the clear coating off first. If that is peeling away then it wont make for a very clean coat of paint and it could start to peel easier. You can't tell so much from the pictures because of the lighting, but mine had already worn off for the most part and the wash and dry took the rest off.

As for paint I just went the cheaper route and used flat black Krylon spray paint and made sure to apply it in multiple thin coats. Although that is a personal preference because I like the look of flat black spray paint. I would not go with cheap stuff though, make sure you get a good spray paint if you want to go that route.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look quite nice...but not for my Java Black LR3!

LR3ISFORME

Reaction score
Houm, If I had a Java Black LR3 I would do a hunter/camo color green pin striping and lettering. I have seen it done on another vehicle and it looked pretty BA! It all comes down to personal preference though.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that might be a bit over-the-top for me. I have no other green on my rig and I have an A-Frame brush bar so my lettering is not very visible anyway.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in Colorad are you located.
I'll second the suggestions of sliders and add underside protection plates.
One way around the tire size and fit restrictions that I'm considering for my '07 LR3 is one of the suspension reprogramming computers rather than the Johnson Rods. Colorado is a great place to explore...have you contacted the Solihull Society? My father is in Co. Springs and spends a lot of time on the trials with them.

rfh1987

Reaction score
Reprogrammable Suspension

Where in Colorad are you located.
I'll second the suggestions of sliders and add underside protection plates.
One way around the tire size and fit restrictions that I'm considering for my '07 LR3 is one of the suspension reprogramming computers rather than the Johnson Rods. Colorado is a great place to explore...have you contacted the Solihull Society? My father is in Co. Springs and spends a lot of time on the trials with them.

I bought the reprogrammable suspension gadget (EASControl). It is handy. Lucky8 sells it, but you will get it for cheaper directly from Britparts. I have used it a couple times, but for the most part it hasn't been necessary. I used it on a side trail on Argentine Pass (the one that travels along the river bed). Red Noland Land Rover had heard of it before, but never been able to mess with one. When I showed it to them, they measured about a 1.5 inch lift, max. That is not enough for 32" tires. So, that is something to keep in mind. What I like about it is that it is easy to go back and forth between normal height and the 1.5" lift, without having to dig behind the wheels, swapping out parts.

LR3ISFORME, a great tool for finding trails in the area is Funtrek's book for Colorado. He also has one for northern Colorado. Another great resource is www.traildamage.com. I also think sliders are a good idea. I plan on getting them, myself, at some point. I like Rover Specialties CA edition. However, it is one of the most expensive sliders I have seen. Red Noland Land Rover suggested I talk with Rockware, who do custom stuff. The contact should be Matt Peterson. They are in Black Forest.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I showed it to them, they measured about a 1.5 inch lift, max. That is not enough for 32" tires. So, that is something to keep in mind. What I like about it is that it is easy to go back and forth between normal height and the 1.5" lift, without having to dig behind the wheels, swapping out parts.

Not exactly true. The maximum amount of lift is based on a maximum sensor value in the ECU.

The ECU can store a value up to 250. This is to allow for minor variances between all of the sensors. The tool allows you to increase this value.

The limit is based on the highest value of the sensors on YOUR vehicle. So if you have one sensor that is already at 240, then you can only go up 10, which is ruffly 10mm in height.

So in the end, the amount of lift you can get from this tool is based on the values of the sensors in your vehicle. For example, my lift was 2".

But remember, you can always hit "off road" mode to get another 2" after the tool brings you up :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4