Alignments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you supposed to get an alignment on the LR4? I'm nowhere near needing one yet (or new tires) as I have just over 3,000 miles now, but I was just curious. On previous cars I've only got alignments after I put on new tires or replaced stock suspension with coilovers. Never had problems. My dealership said it should be done yearly. Sounds too frequent to me, and if a car needs an alignment that often it would seem to me that its a suspension issue?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question but depends on other factors like road and off-roading. I have just over 30,000 on my LR4 and haven't gotten alignment yet. Not sure if I need it, but it drives really straight and my tire wear is normal. I don't baby the truck either, but I don't beat on it either. Beware though, that LR4s likes eating tires so getting 20 to 25,000 miles from a fresh set is about max.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a new truck for about 1-2 thousand miles to let everything settle and then get an alignment. They are always out a little bit from the factory and Land Rover pays for the first one...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fitted johnson rods on my Discovery 4 and did not align afterwards. The tires wore significantly more on the outer edge and now I "have" to replace the stock tires with some BF Goodrich AT 265/75 tires :biggrin:

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just fitted my compos and am getting my alignment at -20 since most of my driving is highway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 46

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. . .I was just told to get mine aligned at 12,000 miles. It's driving straight and true, with no odd wear. I asked and the dealer said the weight of this vehicle can cause alignment issues alone. Never happened on my LR3, but I went ahead and had it done.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rule of thumb from my "old days" was no later than 15,000 miles for an alignment as that was also when I replaced shocks and struts. I typically had an alignment done annually as I bought a "lifetime alignment" plan from a tire chain and it was free so I'd do it when I swapped snow tires/wheels and summer tires/wheels just to be safe after a winter of frost heaves and potholes. My last few leases w/ BMW I got it done by suggesting the vehicle was pulling (and my SA and I had a good relationship) so they covered it. Currently at 27k with nothing done to my current (non LR) vehicle with good wear and no signs of problem so I'm not wasting the money on it and will just ride out the next 13 months.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. . .I just ran it hard through some beach driving (not that it would affect it), but I'm always happy to know the car is aligned properly. Here's to hoping they do it properly. Last time, the steering wheel was really off kilter.

EDIT: They did a fine job with the alignment. Things seem as good or better than before. I know you all cared. ;-)

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what does a LR dealer charge you for an alignment? (open question for anyone)

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did it for $159.95. They recommend every 15K says the receipt. You can probably get a coupon to do it a little less, but most people charge $100 or more for alignments.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635