Aftermarket hid/xenon headlights for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lr4haha

Reaction score
no other accessories. i mounted the ballast right behind the bulb cover for the low beam with a double sided tape. for the fog i mounted it somewhere down there, where ever there's room. you have to take your time to hide the wires and use the seal that it comes with so you wont get any moisture in your housing. sorry i didnt take any pix... didnt think it was pix worthy as it was pretty simple. but then again i've installed kits on many other cars so this wasnt my first time. if anything, just post questions here with pix and we can guide you through. :D

How did you access to fogs?
Thanks

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you access to fogs?
Thanks
I replaced my fog lights with Philips Crystal Vision, not HIDs, but accessing the fog lights is pretty easy. You need to pull off the body-colored clips and then you unscrew the brackets holding the bulb unit and you just replace the bulbs. If you are going with HIDs, you may need a bit more room. Before you do anything be sure to tape off the holes around the fog light - you will see the holes when you take the fog light caps off - you can VERY easily lose a screw or clip in those holes and there is no access!!!

lr4haha

Reaction score
I replaced my fog lights with Philips Crystal Vision, not HIDs, but accessing the fog lights is pretty easy. You need to pull off the body-colored clips and then you unscrew the brackets holding the bulb unit and you just replace the bulbs. If you are going with HIDs, you may need a bit more room. Before you do anything be sure to tape off the holes around the fog light - you will see the holes when you take the fog light caps off - you can VERY easily lose a screw or clip in those holes and there is no access!!!

Thanks
Installed hid fog..

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any preference on Sylvania versus Phillips in the H11 Bulb war? The Sylvania zHE is $59.00 and the Phillips is $30. The Sylvania must be better since it's twice as much, right? ;-)

montyaloofah

Reaction score
Hard to say which brand is better. I've had the phillips on now for a few weeks and they look great. As for longevity, that's another issue...

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify this in one post, I'm currently purchasing two sets of H11 Bulbs (Phillips). One set will go in the low beams and one set will go in the fogs. For the HIGH beams, the LR4 takes a H7 bulb. So, I'm buying three sets of bulbs to replace the entire package. Anyone see any issues with this, please comment.

Edit: Amazon is saying the Sylvania ZHE's (or whatever they are called) don't fit. I was planning to buy the cheaper bulbs anyway, but I thought I'd post this. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify this in one post, I'm currently purchasing two sets of H11 Bulbs (Phillips). One set will go in the low beams and one set will go in the fogs. For the HIGH beams, the LR4 takes a H7 bulb. So, I'm buying three sets of bulbs to replace the entire package. Anyone see any issues with this, please comment.

Edit: Amazon is saying the Sylvania ZHE's (or whatever they are called) don't fit. I was planning to buy the cheaper bulbs anyway, but I thought I'd post this. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Hello jptruck,

Yes, that's correct. You will get two (2) sets of H11s (low beams and fogs) and one (1) set of H7 for the high beams. That's a total of three (3) sets. I was very pleased with the Phillips bulbs and still have them in my fogs and high beams. I got the DDI HID kit for my low beams and it's amazing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, David

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I purchased that and a trailer wiring kit from Amazon. I was pretty impressed that they have a relationship with Atlantic British. Anyway, I hope this helps. The stock lights are a joke.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I purchased that and a trailer wiring kit from Amazon. I was pretty impressed that they have a relationship with Atlantic British. Anyway, I hope this helps. The stock lights are a joke.
Hi jptruck,

They will definitely be better than the stock lights - for sure! I liked them a lot, but when I decided to upgrade to HIDs - the difference is night and day from even the Philips.

Good luck!

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM lights are pretty bad.

Does anyone know for sure if an after-market HID kit would void the LR warranty? Have a 2013 LR4 without HIDs and thinking about upgrading to HIDs.

I will be installing CVs tomorrow for a try.

Anyone recommend a good HID kit, link to website?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90