Aftermarket hid/xenon headlights for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM lights are pretty bad.

Does anyone know for sure if an after-market HID kit would void the LR warranty? Have a 2013 LR4 without HIDs and thinking about upgrading to HIDs.

I will be installing CVs tomorrow for a try.

Anyone recommend a good HID kit, link to website?

Thanks!

installing non-oem bulbs would also void warranty, i would imagine.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, a light bulb voiding a full vehilcle warranty?

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, a light bulb voiding a full vehilcle warranty?

It all depends on the dealership when your car has serious problems that they might think are too expensive to cover. They can nitpick at stuff like this. I know it sounds ludicrous but it's true.

also, there are bulbs out there that can do damage to your housing and electronic components. i've seen normal hologen bulbs melting the housing and frying the wires. if whatever bulb isnt ok'ed by LR, it'll probably be considered voiding the warranty when you install it.

Last edited:

Wusty

Reaction score
I ended up upgrading to full HID as well. Kit plus install was $190 from my local indy shop. Looks awesome & very OEM. I got a 5,000K kit love it but I just ordered some 6K bulbs to see which color I like best. Land Rover won't void your warranty for headlight mods but they sure aren't going to cover any headlight issues anymore under warranty.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents: I don't think there's a judge in the land that would agree with a replacement bulb (an item that often needs replacement) voids a vehicle warranty. As long as you are replacing it with an H11 or H7 bulb that the manual prescribes, you should be fine. If you are replacing the entire housing with a non-OEM part, that may create issues.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those who installed the hid kit, did you also install the relay kit?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking of installing the cable but unsure how i can attach it to the battery. I dont recall there being a mount for the cable. Also, where would i attach the ground?
Hey ycharlie,

I don't think there is a mount for the cable and not sure where you could attach a ground? Is there any reason why you would want the relay? Are you having issues with your HIDs?

-David

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ycharlie,

I don't think there is a mount for the cable and not sure where you could attach a ground? Is there any reason why you would want the relay? Are you having issues with your HIDs?

-David

the right side isnt firing up when the temp is below 40. i'd have to let the car warm up a bit after a drive, and then switch on the light to fire up the ballast. if i left it on auto mode and it tries to fire during a cold start up, i'd have to restart the car after it's warm in order to fire it up. i think it's due to a lack of juice going to that side during a cold start up. never had a problem with my other cars with the same kit before. i didnt even bother with the relay kit with those cars either. so i have 2 options i want to try:
1. up the amp on the fuse from 10w to 15w. but hesitant as this might overload the stock harness.
2. install the relay kit.

i know those of you in warmer areas with this kit wont have this issue. :/

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink