1997 Range Rover starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The rave cd in my signature has the wiring diagram.

IIRC there is a connection around the drivers side wheel well that goes to the fuel pump and this can become loose or bad connection which might be the issue, but can't say for sure.

maddawgxxl

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to check it out in the morning. Its just weird that I can start the car turn it off start it turn it off etc etc, but If I drive it a little bit or just leave it running then shut it off, it starts for a sec then dies and the fuel pressure is gone from the rail again. Maybe an computer is bad or something? I can't be the only person with this problem?!?!

maddawgxxl

Reaction score
I dl the rave but I can't find an .exe file to launch it. I can go through each folder but isn't there a way to launch it like the full version? Thanks

maddawgxxl

Reaction score
It was the version of adobe I had... wouldn't let me click the links. I got it working now (rave that is). Still no luck with the truck!
If ANYONE has ANY ideas please let me know :(

maddawgxxl

Reaction score
I'm back and still no luck with this thing!!

Question... could my MAF be a problem? I read about the Diesel engines getting heat soak and not starting. I have those exact symptoms. Is there a resistor trick I can use to jump this engines relay or something. Maybe one of those cheep resistors you plug in the MAF plug, just to test out the theory and see if this is the cause??

I'm ready to sell this truck, it's driving me crazy!!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Get a good OBDII scanner on it and check to make sure the fuel temp sensor is reading correctly. MAF sensor bad will normally either not run at all or run like crap

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM