LR4 Second Battery Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4TQ, you can remove a relay switch on the fuse box behind the lower glove box and bridge it to make the 3 auxiliary 12v outlets unswitched (all of them but the cigarette lighter closest to the driver's right knee, as that one is on its own separate relay) and keep them "live", even after the ignition is turned off. You could drain your battery that way of course, but to power an ARB fridge overnight or even for a couple of days, that should not be a problem with a battery in good conditions.

Last edited:

UAELR4

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have also just ordered a Traxide system and wondered what size yellow top you used.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Optima Yellow Top size D34 (sounds like a bra...) A size D34/78 will work as well as it is the same size battery with additional side posts, which you won't use obviously.

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I got my Traxide kit and have relocated the TCM (thanks everyone for the how to on that one!) but my lit did not come with install instructions. I have emailed the company and no reply. Anyone have the instructions they can post or email me? Clsolis at yahoo dot com. Thanks!!
Chris

96_993TT

Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72