Anyone have Tactical Rover Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend I successfully modified the bracket to allow my RS sliders to fit with the AMK compressor.

I need to talk with the guy who made the bracket. The current design is about as far from needed as I can imagine except for tucking the compressor higher. I cut away about 3 square inches and opened up the access slots for the bottom bolts. Even better would be an offset of compressor toward front of vehicle to provide more clearance at back end near tire.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to walk me through the process over beers? I have the bracket...and the beers.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:beer:

Sure, I could mark the bracket for what needs to be done and point out where to put felt or rubber padding to keep it from whacking the body or slider during bumpy or off road use.

One big design flaw in the bracket, that cannot be easily modified, or at all, is that it sits the compressor too far rear placing it almost in contact with the vertical edge of the slider. Basically the mount holes for the bracket need to be about 1cm back.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but you were still successful, despite this design flaw? What was your work-around?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but you got there! ...and that's encouraging because I understand the AMK to be a better unit than the Hitachi.

No mods to the sliders at all?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no slider modification

I'd like to revisit this at some point to move the compressor forward and reroute the air lines out the back end to be more hidden from potential flying road/tire debris.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I'll have to PM you and set up a "tech session" somewhere suitable. If you bring the necessary tools I'll bring the beer!

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great news! Please share pictures for use east coasters.

Actually, where in WA are you both? Im in portland the next two weeks. Ill bring the camera and a cooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72