So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaded the LR4 on the carrier's trailer this morning. Off to New York State it goes.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Bought it on January 16, 2016, and it's been a great 8.5 years since. Never let me down. Contrary to Rover folklore, this is the only time I've ever seen it on a trailer.

Looking back on my post history here on Landroverworld.com, my first posts were the beginning of my headlight saga, which over the years saw me go from the stock halogens to H9 bulbs, then to the xenon housings, then to the euro-code housings from a 2014 or newer LR4, then finally to upgraded Osram bulbs in those housings.

I've gotten so much help from this forum - help I've tried to pay back by helping others. When I started posting here, it seemed the vast majority of the other posters were the original owners. During the last 8.5 years, it seems like there's been a few waves of groups who post on here as LR4s move onto subsequent owners. In the process, this forum has gathered a wealth of information to all the future owners of these great vehicles. Most of the help I give on here is regurgitating things I've learned on this forum.

No idea if my Rover's new owner will post here. Seems like Land Rover Forums has taken a lot of the Rover epicenter away from here after this website was so slow to create a new Defender forum.

In the meantime, I've got a lot of parts I bought for this and never used I'll be adding to my for sale thread on this website.

I've got the xlifter and trailer wiring harness there now, but coming soon will be quite a few other things, including rear brake disks and pads, the Land Rover Passion interior tailgate release lever, bluetooth iiD tool, rear trailer hitch, etc.

I'll be around now and then. For now, though, thanks for everything!

Last edited:

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh sorry to hear you are leaving. Thanks for all your invaluable advice.
Best of luck with your next vehicle.
All the best
Quentin

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to see you go Ryan, thank you for your help over the years, you leave behind a trove of useful content. I hope you'll pop in and show off your Toyota every once in a while, and give objective opinions on what you miss about the LR4 that you wish the Land Cruiser did. :D

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you're leaving. So long and thanks for your help over the years! Hope you enjoy the Toyota (you'll probably have fewer issues).

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% the Land Cruiser is the way I'm going. I've got a deposit on one but it has yet to arrive (will probably be here within the next week).

If not a Land Cruiser, then maybe a Defender? Not sure.

Right now, though, I am vehicleless.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the looks of the Defender (minus the swing tailgate), don't love the number of posts re: random failures.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. Glad that you had a good experience with your LR4 all these years.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not 100% the Land Cruiser is the way I'm going. I've got a deposit on one but it has yet to arrive (will probably be here within the next week).

If not a Land Cruiser, then maybe a Defender? Not sure.

Right now, though, I am vehicleless.
Now there's an idea. That way you can stick around. More Defenders in stock around the country these days.
Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Blueaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone should snap up that XLifter!

Trust me, the XLifter is the coolest mod for these LR4s.

Since I also recently sold my LR4 that had an XLifter, I'm really going to miss having the ability to adjust the air suspension to whatever level I want, whenever I want, at any speed I want. I also know for sure that I'm going to miss the auto-leveling feature while camping!

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. I'd like the xlifter but don't really need to be spending for that right now. Enjoy your new rig. i8mud or whatever forum is a lot more active than the Land Rover forums. The aftermarket will catch up quickly since everyone buys Toyotas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamjam