Looking for a good trailer brake controller for my 2012 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landy103

Reaction score
I have the 7-pin wiring harness from Atlantic British (roverparts) and was looking at their brake controller but it looked a bit basic... no display ...Would the Tekonsha P3 or RedArc work with this harness? Really want a proportional brake controller .. something reliable/up to date ...
Thanks

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do a 'stealth' install of the redarc, it fits in the cutout behind the 'shin plate' under the steering, you can then snake the wire for the remote button anywhere you like.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how I have my redarc controller mounted:
20240702_014518185_iOS.jpg

For now the control knob is taped to the steering column. It's not the best of places tbh, but it didn't require drilling holes in the dash. Current plan is to mount it to the headlight switch assembly, though I'd prefer it were more centrally mounted (so that in a pinch the passenger could reach it) - the idea of trying to control trailer sway by taking a hand off the wheel is a bit frightening.
20240702_014501831_iOS.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrn2024