Anyone end up buying their Grenadier order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I don't feel the love when my Land Cruiser 1958 arrives, a G-Wagon might be my backup. They ride rough, they are surprisingly cramped inside, and they get just about the worst mpg of any vehicle made, but I've always loved them.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2019+ has IFS. I've been getting about 10-11 mpg in my LR4 if I do the math, 15-17 MPG on the dash. Its way off. The G Class dash probably doesn't lie as much lol.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but the 2019+ are also all well over $100k. In fact, haven't seen a used one drop anywhere near $100k.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the older year G's pre 2010 you can toggle any of the 3 lockers in 2H. That is what I'd like but with the LR4 its actually better because the locking action is dynamic and you can be in 2H or 4L. I haven't needed a front locker yet, but I haven't been through winter with it. I'm going to camp in the snow and I cant wait to drive in that environment, especially since it was 116F yesterday.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Auction ends in about 5 hours and it's currently sitting at $5,400. That's low enough that I'm going to make sure I find every last bit of loose change before I pass it on to the buyer.

One strange thing I've noticed is how many people bid, then ask a question. Same people never asked a question before bidding.

Sometimes the question is innocent enough. Other times (like this morning) the question seems like it's trying to drive down the bidding by pointing out a potential problem. Here was this morning's question after the guy bid:

CurryFishBalls159Bidder37m
Is it possible to get a harder acceleration video? The one you have barely hit 3k rpm

Dude wants me to leave work and go do hard pulls at a dragstrip or something. Lol. Not sure what sort of problem a harder acceleration video would show that would not be shown in the videos I already posted.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you will get a late flurry of bids on this at the end. I would sell my 2010 with similar mileage for about $8000 US. It has many less mods but condition wise almost flawless so perhaps the market is coming back to reality here. Lets hope it heats up.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it will heat up in the last few hours. We'll see where it ends up.

Regardless, it's way above the trade-in offers I've gotten. The Toyota dealer offered $3,800. Carmax was $4,100. Carvana was only $3,500 (which is crazy considering how much they were offering for LR4s just a few years ago).

Thankfully, where I live (Missouri) gives me the sales tax offset even if I sell my vehicle in a private sale, so long as that sale happens within 60 days of me buying a new car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib