Will spraying water in the side mirrors damage anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jattea

Reaction score
A spider has moved in to my driver's side mirror, and every night it builds a huge web that I have to destroy in the morning, getting sticky gunk all over the door and window. Then every night, it just rebuilds it. I'm pretty sure it's camping out inside the mirror. I don't know how else to get it than to spray water in there, but I'm guessing the components inside the mirror housing weren't engineered to be water resistant... Any thoughts?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wouldn't think twice about using a hose to wash out the side mirror. I'm sure I get plenty of water in the mirror housing every time I wash my LR4, (or any other vehicle). I have had this happen before too, (spider in the mirror) and I just make sure not to use hi-pressure.

I'm sure it's sealed up better than you think it is.

Rob

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove nearly one month without any backing to my side mirror due to a car wash accident. Everything was exposed of course. It had rained plenty in that time...no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge