Wierd bang and now suspension is kinda wierd too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reillycounty

Reaction score
Hello!
Ive been driving my 92 county for a while but other than a bad alternator it hasnt given me any trouble. Until last night. I was backing into a spot at the movies when I heard a very loud bang (like someone hit me). No impact tho just a noise. First thought was a broken driveshaft but the car goes forward and backward perfectly. This morning I got under there and had a good root around but other than my rear sway bushings being past it there was no evidence of any damage. The car is however kind of squidgy over bumps and has a very faint bumping sound coming from underneath. And heres the real wierd bit. When I bought the car I noticed that when turning into spaces the car would give me some resistance in the front. Kind of like the tires were rubbing (but they werent). Now when I drive into a space, there is no resistance at all. Anyone know what the hell is up? Pics for clicks. Its not mine but its pretty spot on.
100_3795.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice RR, I would check the steering stabilizer, might have rusted through.

reillycounty

Reaction score
Latest developement: It seems the knock has localized itself within the last day and is now most vocal when applying the brakes. Im thinking a broken tranny mount or rear control arm bushing. Id love to get under it again but work and uncharacteristic rain have been saturating San Diego the last week. It seems the steering is quite good (better than before) . . If I cant figure it out in the next day Ill have to bring it in. crap.:confused:

Hatmandew

Reaction score
Is your 4 wheel drive still working? I had that problem before and that was why. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9