Front-end suspension rattle and banging is gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO you can do yourself if you have aptitude , a secure garage and lots of time. A project if you will. If this is your only daily driver then a DIY timing chain job is going to suck on many levels.

Definitely this. My dealer did mine when it was still under the CPO warranty, and I believe it took them just about a full week. Maybe just four days. Regardless, that equates to a lot of downtime for a garage mechanic with a full time regular job.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO you can do yourself if you have aptitude , a secure garage and lots of time. A project if you will. If this is your only daily driver then a DIY timing chain job is going to suck on many levels.
That is completely believable. One thing going for me is I work from home and there is a grocery store one lot over. But I'd rather pay someone else to do it or pay someone to do the engine swap. My problem right now is finding someone that wants to do the timing chain work. I tried the local Land Rover dealer and they don't even pick up the phone. I've tried 4 independent shops already. I'm refusing to play their stupid exploit games so I have not moved forward lol.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Well, if you are up for a long distance drive to get this done.

I have had excellent service from the Rover dealership in Rochester NY.
It can be hard to get into their schedule, but they are reliable.

I am in Houston, don't even slow down here. 4 dealerships, 3 won't answer the phone and I cannot recommend the 4th.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72