who has the most miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Todd, which U-joint???

@trickblue: what sort of front end work was needed for $4000?

I needed everything replaced... brakes, control arm bushings, tires (all four)...

It was more than just front... just mainly up front. That being said, it wasn't that anything went wrong, just wore out...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I gotcha...the U-Joint at the bottom of the steering column (I think). Makes sense...

whathaway

Reaction score
2006 LR3 - 165,500 this week.

Compressor a couple of times until the latest version. Have not had to replace one since 90K. Front lower bushings, front hubs, front rotors, front passenger parking assist sensor, and the alternator have been replaced in addition to the usual consumables.

At 40K, dealer said I will need to replace the rack & pinion soon....not! A little Lucas sealed the small leak. Recently thought that it was going bad but turned out to be a sticky u-joint....a free fix with the penetrating oil already on hand.

2 years ago, sun roof drains clogged and filled up the running board channels. PIA. Really poor design.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by "the latest" compressor you mean the AMK? Depending on how quickly you racked up the last 75k miles, it could have been the Hitachi; that's why I ask.

whathaway

Reaction score
Do not know which compressor it is. Just that it has not been a problem at all since the "improved" model was installed. Before then, it was a common problem.

whathaway

Reaction score
Update: It is an AMK compressor. Installing it was a special hell for me and the dealer. "Kid" removed the old compressor before updating the software. Software would not update correctly with the new compressor in place. They had to bring in an engineer to figure out the fix, 3 weeks.

Oh, I left out replacing the tailgate mechanism, the front passenger latch, and most recently the EGR (massive vacuum leak).

goinsurfin

Reaction score
In Feb I replaced the battery. Last week at 136k, I replaced front/rear pads/rotors, front right control arm, compressor, an oil change and all software updates. Owned since 2007, it's a solid ride with no issues at all.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
155K '07 HSE

Front control arm bushings, alternator + negative lead (Although Alt could have been fine, I think it may just have been a bad cable)

What else... AC sprung a leak although I suspect that was offroad related.

SO far so good, but not looking forward to finding that AC leak.

whathaway

Reaction score
AC leaks are usually very easy to find unless something has changed. Used to inject dye into the AC system, run the vehicle for a while, and then shine a black light in the engine compartment to see dye stain(s).

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll cross my fingers :)

This one thing has been plaguing me since it went out. I personally couldn't care less about having AC, but the look on my MIL's face....

Oh god

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM