wheel bearing lock nut socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheel bearing lock nut socket for a 95 D1

Today I got a 2 1/16" deep socket by 1" drive for the wheel bearing nuts.
The socket is broached 2" deep 6 point, the OD is 2.955".

Questions:

1. Is the 2" deep socket deep enough to reach the lock nut before bottoming out against the axle stub?

2. At 2.955" OD will that need to fit inside the hub to reach the lock nut?

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help, I bought the tool from atlantic british with is around 4 inches deep and very thin walled, and it fits....

R

rsrichie

I used my mates tube socket, it was a Toyota one 2 2/32 and about 3 inches long, thin walled and 1/2 drive. It was a genuine toyota part made for a 80 series Landcruiser hub apparantly this tool is fairly cheap and worked great.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearing socket and what I found!

Today between rain showers I went into the front wheel bearings. All you need is a 2 1/16" socket that is 1 1/2" deep inside, this was the measurement between the lock washer and the end of the axle stub with the axle pushed in. As fas as I found going into the lock nuts and lock washers, all I can say is the Rover dealer who did the maintenance from new to 60K major NEED TO DIE!!!.
NEW THREAD AND DEALERS NAME TO FOLLOW!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo