What is y'alls MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll add that I drive a v8, and have a bull bar and the factory expedition rack- with the top tier and fairing removed. The full rack and fairing dropped the mileage by about 2mpg

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a baja roof rack, AT tires and very heavy underbody skid plates and I average 13mpg in the city. When I travel I usually carry my spare on my roof rack along with some other stuff adding to the drag but I average 15mpg at 65mph. It drops significantly if I go to 70-75 range.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was at 15 with AT tires. But now with the MTs I'm in the high 13's.

Although I do about 80% city driving.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I get.

Attachments

• 20140331_160540.jpg
    20140331_160540.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the time? If so...you're doing something wrong!

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes most of the time, most of my driving is stop and go in the city. Although when I go up north it goes up to 14ish on the freeway

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like something is seriously wrong, or perhaps the computer is set for the Europe settings. For kicks it might be worth manually calculating your mileage.

Wake up call

Reaction score
Fuel economy

I was averaging 12 litres/100 Kim's. Just put on some Micheline LTX A/T 275/70 18's. Fuel mileage down to 13.3 litres/100 Kms. That converts to 17.7 mpg by US standards. That is combined city & highway! I am happy with that! Plus I like the extra ground clearance. :hello::hello::hello::proud:

fawcett_chad

Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised

I've only had my '08 for a week now (all stock, w/ roof bars and General Grabber AT2 tires) - but i've been very pleased with the highway mileage. So far getting about 20 MPG average if most of the trip is highway (cruise at 70) with some stop and go. Took a 90 mile trip out and back up to the mountains yesterday and had my average up to 21.3 by the end of the trip. I have definitely been driving like I want good fuel economy though. I crawl to a start after every light, which may or may not drive other drivers crazy. I've rarely let the rpm's get above 2k. I also plan ahead for stopping, if I'm going to hit a red light, I start coasting as far back as possible, which means I either use less gas before having to stop or I maintain momentum to get back up to speed if the light changes. Around town trips have been more around 15, occasionally up to 17 if I'm really careful. This vehicle is not designed for racing, it's designed for patiently enjoying the ride, whether that's going 70 on the highway or crawling along a rough trail at 5 MPH. Ultimately if you drive like you want it, and your engine is functioning properly, you should get relatively good fuel economy. Enjoy the journey!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM