what are some good off road accessory websites?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what and be specific cause it is not wise to buy all the stuff at the same place cause some sites have better prices on somethings but not all things.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just in general---a broad overview---just getting started

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? that is the question.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like you stated, you are just getting started, know probably little or nothing about your truck and have little wheeling experience.
So, if you want help, get more specific or without some guidance you'll be buying things you won't need or want when it is all said or done.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e2KGold . . .
Don't take it wrong . . . there is a LOT of "stuff" out there, and until you figure out what you want . . . rock sliders, jacks, lights - might I suggest tires first - you can wonder the wasteland and find all SORTS of things that might very well be wasting your time.

I just went off road for the first time yesterday and had A LOT of my pre-conditions re-set by experience (mind you on a newbie trail!)

I would suggest you keep an eye open on these threads as many good AND not so useful topics arise - but the experienced ones help us all to understand which is which.

Sorry for the long-winded answer . . .

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am preatty new to rovers and offroading so I dont claim to be the expert. But I have been modifying sports cars and driving autocross courses for a while. A basic modification path would probably look something like this:

First mod (for any enthusiast motoring) is to tighten the loose nut behind the steering wheel.

Then tires.

Then suspension.

Then sliders.

I have a brush guard, but a lot of the brush guards/lights are really just for appearance. Roof racks/etc for carrying equipment if you plan on extended trips. Real spare for serious trails/long trips.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
for off roading always start with recovery gear and then make sure you test what you have first. Always take another vehicle when off roading, and see what you and your vehicle is capable of before you buy stuff you may not need.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First mod (for any enthusiast motoring) is to tighten the loose nut behind the steering wheel.

LOL, unless you are talking about the driver, it sounds like you have the front end clunk. This is typically related to front lower a-arm bushings, and typically requires a dealer fix. If you are not under warranty there are a few other options, but dealer is easiest for this one.

Then tires.

Then suspension.

Then sliders.

I have a brush guard, but a lot of the brush guards/lights are really just for appearance. Roof racks/etc for carrying equipment if you plan on extended trips. Real spare for serious trails/long trips.

Yes, better tires and a full size spare and recovery gear (two 3/4" shackles and a 2" (min) x 30' recovery strap and perhaps a tire plug kit and air compressor and first aid kit are basic essentials.

Suspension, you are probably going to be surprised and disappointed, but you don't have many options on that one. Rod Mod is about it. The good news is that it's cheap and effective, the bad news is that anything else beyond the Rod Mod is seriously expensive and all custom and could brick your ECU.

Sliders and bumpers, there are a few options out there these days.

Last edited:

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, unless you are talking about the driver, it sounds like you have the front end clunk. This is typically related to front lower a-arm bushings, and typically requires a dealer fix. If you are not under warranty there are a few other options, but dealer is easiest for this one.

That was a metaphor. The loose nut behind the wheel; Driver experience/knowledge being just as or more important than installing parts on a vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90