Travel trailer linits on size (Airstream for example)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the largest travel trailer I should select for towing with a Land Rover? The toungue weight AND the length are related so I'de like to hear from someone who has actually done some towing with a Land Rover. My plans are to pull a trailer to Tierra del Fuego, drop the trailer, and make side trips. How would I do with a single axle Airstream and dry tongue weight of 285 lbs? This is a typical roadbed.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabian-f/3766701875/

John clarke

Reaction score
your disco will tow A non braked trailer up to 1650lbs,If it has brakes up to 8000lbs If you read the owners manual it will tell under towing

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read your owners manual it will give you the exact towing limits. You will want to change out the springs and shocks, going to a more H.D. suspension and should be fine with that trailer and a electric brake set up.
Other things to look at would be all new fluids for your truck, brake, p/s, tranny, coolant, both diffs. and the t/case, all of which should be done based on your mileage anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo