The annual 19 inch tire question! Whattya got? Whattya like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 18s I run the Nitto Terra Grapplers...great tire. I've had 3 sets over the years. They are great in snow/ice and most off road conditions (all except deep mud, need an MT for that IMO) and they are tame on road.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goinsurfin, we are running 19" LTZ tires on the LR3. We have about 20K miles on them, and I think they would last about 40K miles. However, I seldom run tires all the way down to the wear bars. They are just slightly noisier after 20K miles, but not annoying at all. I have had winter tires that were far louder.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I had the LTZs installed Friday and so far, I drove over 200 miles on them. The minimal tire sound is very tolerable on highway (70mph) and on gravel/dirt roads they are very steady. I also noticed a decrease in distance when braking. However, this is most likely b/c they are new...

Paul and others, thanks for the push for the Coopers!

er1c

Reaction score
I'm running 255/60R-18 General Grabber AT 2, that I purchased last year w/ about 10k miles on them. They've performed excellently. My city is full of steep hills and with the recent snow we've had, they haven't slipped at all going up them at all. The road noise has increased a bit, but otherwise these are a great choice for all terrain tires.

metalslug

Reaction score
I'm running 255/60/19R Michelin Latitude with 05 LR. I'm the kinda guy that likes less gap. Been running these tires for 2 years now and they've been great. They ride nice and smooth both on local driving and long trips.

I still have my 18s stored away and plan on powder coating them flat matte textured dark graphite like my 19s and running them hopefully this coming year.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the new Nokian WRG3. Will report back on the results. Also using one of my old Pirelli Scorpion tires as a full size spare on a spare 19" wheel rim I got a while back.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear how those Nokians perform. I bought the Hakka R2s a while back. I've had them in snow a lot already and they are impeccable, at least up to about 18" of snow, then getting through requires some finesse and momentum.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far the Nokian's are great but then haven't had any weather to try them out in. I can definitely feel a big improved difference between the Nokian's and the Pirelli's. So much better. The Pirelli's always felt a bit soft and squishy. I prefer more truck-type tires as I run on my 1996 Tahoe and these Nokian's feel more like that. Will report more later.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear how those Nokians perform. I bought the Hakka R2s a while back. I've had them in snow a lot already and they are impeccable, at least up to about 18" of snow, then getting through requires some finesse and momentum.

I just put the R2 on my bmw wagon. They seem to grip very well in ice and loose snow too.

Paul K

Reaction score
Toyo Proxes. Love them, but wouldn't do much off road work with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99