Suspension Fault When Parked on Incline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 LR4 just started throwing a suspension fault when parked on a steep incline.

Only happens when parked nose up on hefty grades…

Any ideas?

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will park on an incline, pull the codes and report back

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C1A13-64

Pressure does not decrease when venting the gallery

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I move the rover to flat ground, turn it off and turn it back on. The code goes away.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read that degraded silica desiccant from the drier can start to clog the exhaust vent giving rise to this code. I wonder if being on a hill is causing loose desiccant to pile up in a way that blocks the vent.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun with this very same code and also noticed issues an an incline... Here's the thread:

To cut a long story short, the compressor was incorrectly specified in the RLM ECU, as soon as I flashed the ECU with the correct compressor using the Gap tool all my problems went away. So it was flashed incorrectly as a Hitachi compressor; it should have been flashed as an AMK compressor. You can read my story in the thread, before reaching this conclusion I tried many other solutions! Good luck.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same code. Turned out my exhaust sensor (top of the compressor) got unplugged.

I'd start by checking you have the right compressor firmware. If you do, next step is to pull the compressor and see if you have a wiring issue.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Agreed, that your vehicle very possibly came with Hitachi software and AMK hardware.
Mine was, and I have seen several other instances.
However, I did not have any issues with that - but who knows....

But it sounds more like the valve on the exhaust, or something plugging the exhaust line than anything else, at least me to me.

These issues have a long history of being tricky...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM