Stuck in Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madball1969

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Disco and it's stuck in park. I have taken the console out and if I push the release button with screwdriver it allows me to take it out of park. And ideas as to why this button is not releasing itself when I press the brake pedal?:mad:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Brake switch is more than likely bad... you may want to check, but the odds are you don't have brake lights either.

If this is the case, call Nathan @ discountbritishparts.com and order 1, his number is: 502-396-7274

raymor

Reaction score
Happen to me while towing my boat. Temp fix is turn on lights and turn on brake switch on the dash it will release the shift lever. I found that the plunger on the brake switch was stuck. I just hit it with a little wd 40 and it was good to go from there on.

1sparrow

Reaction score
Hi
Also had same problem. You can jump two of the wires with paper clip or short piece of wire. Got my switch at Auto Zone. The switch is WW1 type points and springs.

nowearshoes

Reaction score
I had the same problem two months ago.
Replaced brake switch and all was fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4