Spray Painting Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some tire shine on his morning.

Attachments

• 20140211_100205(0).jpg
    20140211_100205(0).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 58

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Do you have spacers on? If yes what torque did you use to install them and also the wheels?
Axel

Hey Axel, no I do not have spacers installed.
It is definitely something I think about from time to time. I know that a lot frown upon them, but I may take the jump at some point. I think that it would look good with the narrower 265.

I really can't see that the hub centric spacers from Terrifirma for example will cause too much stress on the components. So with the wheels I just have my torque wrench set at 103 ft lbs.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel, no I do not have spacers installed.
It is definitely something I think about from time to time. I know that a lot frown upon them, but I may take the jump at some point. I think that it would look good with the narrower 265.

I really can't see that the hub centric spacers from Terrifirma for example will cause too much stress on the components. So with the wheels I just have my torque wrench set at 103 ft lbs.

Thank you Biagetti.

If you read through Disco3, you'll notice that lots of people run spacers.
I have no complaints with mine, I got mine from motorsport-tech... They are also hub centric so no issues on that level.

By the way how do you like your muffler delete? Is it a problem when passing emission tests?

Axel

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel, those spacers look good. Do you have the BORA and what thickness did you get? I went back and looked at a couple of your pics. The stance looks great... I think you sold me! They have a good price point and made here in the USA.

For the muffler delete.... I love it! Since here in Florida we don't have inspections or emissions I didn't have to worry about it. Bushway led me the way on that one. There is a thread here that I'll have to look back on in regards to this with emissions. For some reason, I don't think it will have effect since the CAT is the main component.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel, those spacers look good. Do you have the BORA and what thickness did you get? I went back and looked at a couple of your pics. The stance looks great... I think you sold me! They have a good price point and made here in the USA.

For the muffler delete.... I love it! Since here in Florida we don't have inspections or emissions I didn't have to worry about it. Bushway led me the way on that one. There is a thread here that I'll have to look back on in regards to this with emissions. For some reason, I don't think it will have effect since the CAT is the main component.

Biagetti, Bora and Motorsport-Tech are actually the same company.
I got the 1.25" (about 32mm). They can get them anodized black but I didn't want to wait for that as I was a little bit in a rush (I seem to always wait the last second to pull the trigger on things that I know I will do...).

I got a proper alignment with the ride height increased by 35mm in the front and 25mm in the back it looks better. I'll try to take a couple pictures and post them.

As far as muffler delete... I'm in MA but I'll soon be in NM where they might have less stringent requirements... My wife is not all about it but I won't tell her ;)

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(I seem to always wait the last second to pull the trigger on things that I know I will do...).

As far as muffler delete... I'm in MA but I'll soon be in NM where they might have less stringent requirements... My wife is not all about it but I won't tell her ;)

Haha.... I hear ya on both of those points! I wait forever to pull the trigger on anything!
As for my wife.... she just gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago... she has been asking me for years to have a little one and she has since gone with the attitude, "do what ever you think is best." I finally have my rear ladder coming on Friday! I told her it will be easier when I get another tire to get it on and off the basket.

My wife digs the grumbling of the exhaust I swear.... she just won't fully admit it yet!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha.... I hear ya on both of those points! I wait forever to pull the trigger on anything!
As for my wife.... she just gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago... she has been asking me for years to have a little one and she has since gone with the attitude, "do what ever you think is best." I finally have my rear ladder coming on Friday! I told her it will be easier when I get another tire to get it on and off the basket.

My wife digs the grumbling of the exhaust I swear.... she just won't fully admit it yet!

Congratulations on the little boy. It seems like we have good supportive wives altogether.
I will let you know how she likes the rumble when I get to removing the muffler. By the way, can you weld it back on??

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the little boy. It seems like we have good supportive wives altogether.
I will let you know how she likes the rumble when I get to removing the muffler. By the way, can you weld it back on??

Hey thanks man, yes I think all of our wives here have to be supportive with us tinkering around in the garage and driveway all the time!

Yes, a shop would be able to weld the muffler back on if need be. I have about 4-5 inches left on the inlet/outlets of the muffler from the cuts

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels look great! I actually just washed my truck... I rarely use tire shine anymore since it makes a mess because of my low offset, but after seeing your photo I'm going out to put some on my truck right now! Haha

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM