Searching for MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steach

Reaction score
I need to buy a MAF senssor for a 1999 DII. Does anybody know the best place (cheapest and good response time) to get one? Already cleaned the old one and the SES light is still on! Need to pass inspection for tag asap.

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
I got one a few weeks ago for my 2001 Disco2 from Nathan at www.discountbritishparts.com 502-396-7274. It was new, genuine MAF for $130 plus $8 for UPS Shipping. Not sure where you are, but he's located in Kentucky. Shipping was fast and he was good to deal with on the phone.

99d2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what did you clean your MAF sensor with? Recently there was an article in Popular Mechanics that listed the only spray cleaner they had found that works---I'll try to find the name if you're interested.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
After cleaning have you attempted to clear the codes or are you waiting to see if they go out?

I would have them cleared first before saying the MAF sensor is the issue. I would hate for you to buy one and that not be your issue.

steach

Reaction score
Thanks for the reposne

I cleaned the uit with a spray electrical contact cleaner. I also have cleared the codes after cleaning. Several times. The error codes PO734 0171 and 0174 come back repeatly. After viewing numerous posts to this and other boards it seems that replacement of the MAF is needed. Thanks again for the response and advice.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad MAF, I agree.

steach

Reaction score
Update

Joey and others, thanks for monitoring the site. I will post a status later this week after I get the new maf installed.

steach

Reaction score
Problem solved! What about O ring?

I installed the new maf sensor, erased the error messages and the SES light has stayed off. I had the vehicle inspected today and it passed. I purchased the maf from Coventry West in Atlanta $137.00 plus tax and shipping, total $155.00. Thanks again for everyones input.

One other question. The directions for installation called for a new O ring on the air cleaner side. I did not have a new one (didn't know it was called for until I opened up the RAVE CD and saw the repair directions) so used the old one. It seems to be sealing as the truck passed inspection and the SES light is remaining off. Should I order an O ring and install or leave well enough alone? Thanks for input.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It really depends on if the old one was damaged or smashed badly from use... if so, then I would replace it, since it does help keep water and dust from bypassing the air filter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635