Reset Service Interval Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_1320PRO_

My 2003 Range Rover is now out of warranty and I do all of the servicing like oil changes and such, myself. One time the dealer completed a service and forgot to reset the Service Interval Indicator but they faxed me a sheet that explained how. I lost the sheet. Does anyone know the steps for resetting the mileage on the Service Interval Indicator?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since no one has responded, I thought I would chim in.... why not call the dealer back and ask them to refax this info to you? then just put this in your owners manual or glove box for future info....

I don't think I am the only person out that that keeps the serpintine belt picture in my owners manual am I?

Came in handy Monday when the belt came apart driving down the road.

D

disco1

"I don't think I am the only person out that that keeps the serpintine belt picture in my owners manual am I?"

FWIW. I've got mine in my manual.

_1320PRO_

Contacting the dealer was the first thing I did but the service advisor told me the only way to reset it was by using a computer at their shop. Then I called another for a second opinion and was told the same thing. I knew both of them were wrong because I had done it before. The first one even doubted that someone had sent me this information previously because they said it was impossible without hooking it up to a diagnostic machine.

Finally I called a dealer in Texas (I'm in California and I just looked up any other dealer at random). The service advisor told me what he thought was the right way to do it. He was not completely right but he was close enough that another step or two was easy to figure out.

_1320PRO_

tmiller1 said:
Would you mind posting the steps?

1. Press and Hold the Tripometer button.
2. Turn ignition to position 1
3. Information Screen flashes: "RESET : SIA MMMMM" ("M" equals miles)
4. Release and Press
5. Then Release and Press again

That's it.

joeyoung

Reaction score
I love this site......I hate the stealer......I just came back from there, and they wanted 130 bucks to reset it after they changed the oil. I also found out that one of the service reps may have been doing some shady business with customers and cheating them on services that may not have been warranted. Thanks just reset my service mileage in less than a minute and now I can buy my kid an ice cream cone.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635