Reasons for body off treatment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing the dashcam images from my recent dealer service visit, I noticed this. Any thoughts on why you'd have an LR4 body off that looks strangely similar to what we do with Defenders to galvy frame swap?

Attachments

• Body off Frame LR4.jpg
    Body off Frame LR4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 77

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep watching the video and eventually you'll find out, no? :wink: Replacing something as mundane as a rear sway bar requires lifting the body off the chassis on an LR3/4 (although I can't imagine why they'd want to lift it that much for a silly little bar!), so who knows...

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gives me all sorts of ridiculous ideas.. galvy chassis anyone?

Fun to watch the dealership guys oogle the mods behind closed doors. "what the hell is that, that some kind of rover accessory?"

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that once at a dealership near me. I was told the transmission failed, and a new one was on the way via FedEx freight from Germany. I think the LR4 has a ZF HP26 transmission which is a really reliable transmission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that once at a dealership near me. I was told the transmission failed, and a new one was on the way via FedEx freight from Germany. I think the LR4 has a ZF HP26 transmission which is a really reliable transmission.
Yeah, the tranny is ZF... German. Actually, you'd be surprised at how many German parts are in the LRs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo