Powerchip Performance Upgrade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wanted to know if anyone has ever chipped up their Rover with the "Powerchip" in order to give it a greater performance to it's full capability like it was built to do so? I have an 04RR-HSE and I've looked into doing it over the last few months now, but I'm not too sure if theres any negavite side-effects to it in regards to passing the smog-check or other long term complications with the engine, etc.

The reason I say this is because, there's a place close to my area here in Southern California, that is willing to do it for about $640 U.S. Dollars, so I'm not too sure whether that's within price range or it's too expensive? If anyone else out there might know of any other places that may do the same thing and the amount of money they charge, please get back to me with a respond. Thanks once again. :bandit:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I put the power chip in my 97 Disco... for the first couple of months I would like to say I notice a huge difference in power and fuel economy... Sadly I am not sure if it is just the engine in my case or if it was just me all along, but I no longer notice any real difference between my rover and any other that I have driven.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I'll continue to do a bit more research on this and see what other's have to say about it. Thanks once again Joey.

Hatmandew

Reaction score
Please let me know what you find out. I have a 2006 RRSS and thinking that chip might give the supercharge more power. Thanks.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on doing it any time soon because I plan on looking into it a bit more and gather more research on it first. But upon doing it, I'll post it and let everyone know whether or not it's worth doing so. Thanks :bandit:

Hatmandew

Reaction score
I don't plan on doing it any time soon because I plan on looking into it a bit more and gather more research on it first. But upon doing it, I'll post it and let everyone know whether or not it's worth doing so. Thanks :bandit:

Kool, thank you.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not recommend to do so, my reasons are very simple :
1) You have enough power for US speed limits
2) You might have some issue with your BCM in the future
3) Don’t believe that everything that shines is gold OK

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Installation of the electronic ship in ECU is really very simple but remember what I told you before, do not think you’re going to get a hot road with it, if you want to waste your money …is up to you …..I did try it and did not get the difference expected, remember one good advice from someone with a lot of experience in P 38 don’t fool around with it OK ,it will kick back at some point at your wallet $$$$.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I also been a bit hesitant in having it done, not only because it's a bit pricey, but for the fact that it has to do with the ECU system. Thanks once again and don't worry, I rather invest that money I would spend on the chip, on a vacation instead. Good looking once again. :bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM