Post body-shop issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some minor dings popped out and my car was returned to me in a less than perfect condition.

The body work itself was well done. Unfortunately, the driver and passenger side power seats aren't working, and neither are the controls for the rear view mirrors. I am also getting the transmission fault on the dash - it comes up when I put the car in drive.

Feeling worried there might be more, I tested everything out only to find that there is a distinctive clicking sound that wasn't there before when I switch from high to low gears. It is underneath the driver's seat in the undercarriage area. The car will go into low gear but that sound definitely wasn't there before and I'm worried that it's been compromised somehow.

I'm so mad about this whole thing that I'm thinking I should insist they bring it to a LR dealer to get it sorted out.

Any ideas on fixes for the above issues so that I can have something to work with when I go into battle over this?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a tough battle and will come down to the honesty/integrity of the body shop. Put together, in writing, a list of the new issues that appeared after they worked on your vehicle and bring it to the body shop manager. Ask if they have any idea how to fix them and if not, explain that the vehicle needs to go to the dealer. Make it clear that if the dealer determines that the problems were caused by the body shop, they are paying the entire bill.

After having an electronics shop install an alarm in my brand new Integra GS-R, the car would not start. Flatbed to dealer, dealer had to order wiring diagrams from Japan, then traced the problem to a wire under the dash that the installer nicked. Alarm shop paid $900 directly to the Acura dealer for the repair, paid for my rental car and apologized repeatedly. Since they handled this so well, I used them again on another car.

Last edited:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the clicking from switching from high range to low range, it's normal- that's the servo motor.

But sorry to hear about the other issues- keep us posted.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had recently tested the hi/lo and I didn't hear it at the time. After some pressing I succeeded in getting them to agree to have the issues sorted by the LR dealer. I feel somewhat vindicated and have fingers crossed.

PauLR3 - good advice - I got it all in writing.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I had some minor dings popped out and my car was returned to me in a less than perfect condition.

The body work itself was well done. Unfortunately, the driver and passenger side power seats aren't working, and neither are the controls for the rear view mirrors. I am also getting the transmission fault on the dash - it comes up when I put the car in drive.

Feeling worried there might be more, I tested everything out only to find that there is a distinctive clicking sound that wasn't there before when I switch from high to low gears. It is underneath the driver's seat in the undercarriage area. The car will go into low gear but that sound definitely wasn't there before and I'm worried that it's been compromised somehow.

I'm so mad about this whole thing that I'm thinking I should insist they bring it to a LR dealer to get it sorted out.

Any ideas on fixes for the above issues so that I can have something to work with when I go into battle over this?

I just created a new post about the same issues with mirrors and seats not working. Car was not at the body shop though.
Did you get this resolved and what was your outcome? thanks!
Jayson

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jayson - Yes, this did get resolved. The upshot of it all was that I insisted they bring it to a rover dealer to sort it out, and they agreed to that. I was told it was due to a blown fuse, but I got busy and didn't verify that directly with the dealer. They also cleared the error messages I was getting. I think when they pulled the thing apart they either broke a connection or didn't reconnect something, and I also think maybe the error messages could have been caused if they disconnected the battery. Anyway, if you have these issues get it all down in writing like is suggested above, that way you have something to go back to if things drag on and it doesn't get fixed to your satisfaction. Good luck and remember the squeaky wheel (or rover) gets the grease!

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Hey Jayson - Yes, this did get resolved. The upshot of it all was that I insisted they bring it to a rover dealer to sort it out, and they agreed to that. I was told it was due to a blown fuse, but I got busy and didn't verify that directly with the dealer. They also cleared the error messages I was getting. I think when they pulled the thing apart they either broke a connection or didn't reconnect something, and I also think maybe the error messages could have been caused if they disconnected the battery. Anyway, if you have these issues get it all down in writing like is suggested above, that way you have something to go back to if things drag on and it doesn't get fixed to your satisfaction. Good luck and remember the squeaky wheel (or rover) gets the grease!

Thanks for the reply. I checked my fuses and if i checked correctly, they were fine. But since I'm taking it in Thurs for a oil change, I'll have the guy double check and hope its just the fuses that puts everything back on track. Thanks bostonian!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635