Phone connectivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the Bluetooth disconnecting from your phone? Lately the LR4 keeps dropping my phone and I have to manually reconnect. For reference I have an iPhone 5...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems here, my Droid Maxx HD with Android is steady as a rock. Was the iPhone's iOS recently updated? I always worry that a new version of Android will break something, as a standard Bluetooth is incredibly finicky.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iPhone 4S works great - phone and bluetooth music streaming.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not updated the iOS for a while. Bluetooth worked fine since I bought the Rover in February up until this week.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started randomly dropping in and out when music was playing so I reset my iPhone 5 and now all is good.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iPhone 4S works great - phone and bluetooth music streaming.

Hey Fin . . . when you stream music with your iphone, does the artist/song name/etc display on the center screen? Or do you get all blanks and something that says "Bluetooth Audio" (or something like that) and nothing else?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not updated the iOS for a while. Bluetooth worked fine since I bought the Rover in February up until this week.

Have you tried rebooting the iPhone yet? Maybe unpair, delete and reconnect Land Rover if rebooting doesn't fix it?

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not tried yet... Will try and pair them up again.

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fin . . . when you stream music with your iphone, does the artist/song name/etc display on the center screen? Or do you get all blanks and something that says "Bluetooth Audio" (or something like that) and nothing else?

Anybody have a take on this? I might go down the iphone route soon and I'm curious. I currently use an ipod plugged into the ipod USB slot, and it displays track info. I don't want to lose that functionality when I stream music via my iphone via bluetooth.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least as far as my Android phone is concerned - never tried an iPhone - it depends on what I am streaming via BT. If I play music stored on the phone's memory or microSD card, or certain services (such as internet radio stations via ShoutCast on XiiaLive Pro), track title and artist do appear on the touchscreen. If I stream other services however, such as Pandora, I don't get any song info and just the generic "Bluetooth Audio" tag instead. I suspect this is more a limitation of the apps or OS specific players than of the car's Bluetooth system, which may be addressed in future releases of operating systems or apps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635