Ordered HSE .... They Delivered Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As title says, went to pickup my LR4 today and got a surprise.

They ordered all the options I wanted but instead of HSE, they ordered the 3rd row seat. This was an error on their part but they haven't out right admitted it.

The dealer said it'll be 3 months to get a new lr4, the GM would pull strings to get this put in queue ASAP and use their remaining allotment. They are offering $500 off and throwing in accessories if I decide to keep the base instead. I'm mostly bummed about comfort accesss, I dont really use Nav, xenon's arent important for me, and i got the black pack so HSE wheels didnt matter. I am so tired of waiting, so I am up for it .... But my wife is ****** to get a car without nav.

Any advice? I need to decide by tomorrow am.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forget that. comfort access is a must for any luxury car. if you have never had xenon lights then you do not know what you're missing. Can you locate one from another dealer? I would pass on a base model.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What colors did you order? Might this be a case for forcing LR to take one of those sitting in Denver and having it sent to your dealership for you - and making your dealership pay the penalty. Though they may only have black on black left. But I think they are all HSE.

For the rest of you, I suggest you demand the order form/report from your dealership ASAP. I did this. Even got the VIN. It is confusing to look at but I was able to confirm everything I had ordered. I was afraid of this very thing.

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered corris grey with black pack, ebony interior and black lacquer trim.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, what a nightmare. I too would wait to get the right config.

I second Dan's suggestion, if another dealer has your config a nice gesture would be for your dealer to acquire it (paying the other dealer's "local purchase bonus") for you. Make your dealer do the legwork to search, because as you likely know dealer descriptions on their websites are lacking and not indicative to what they really have.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have to order another I would tell them to make it a LUX for the same price. ;-)

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, comfort access and HIDs are pretty important to me. I would ask them to search the network for your specifications.

Sorry about your luck!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One benefit of not having comfort access could be that you might be able to install a remote starter. That being said, I would want to receive what I ordered and I don't think I would accept a vehicle that was incorrect.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order a new one and get exactly what you want. If you keep the base you will regret the missing features every time you drive it.

3 months will go by fast but you may end-up keeping the LR4 for 10 years. We always traded-in cars around 3 years & 50K miles but the LR3 has been the exception. We like it so much that will probably keep it for 10 years.

But as noted above, tell them you want to upgrade the new order from an HSE to an HSE LUX. And they are going to pay the difference. Then you can be sure you have all the features you want plus a few more.

Tell them that the profit they will make when they sell the base you ordered will cover the cost difference between your HSE & HSE LUX.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely think you need to take the hard and firm line of they messed up and you deserve to be compensated for it. If you have documentation that they agreed to order the HSE then you need to make sure that you push for more than $500.

I would assume that anyone here who can purchase a $60K vehicle properly has a time value greater than $500 based on the time that has been wasted waiting and working on the deal. Push for something better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635