OEM parts or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :hello:
So whats the difference, i have cracked my windshield and my insurance will not cover the oem landrover windshield. So if i want the "real" one ive got to pay $400 extra... think its worth it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of warranty it comes with... I am a firm believer in all things are not created equal, but when you are talking a windshield, I can't see the difference. For my money I wouldn't pay extra for it, but that is me. It would be different if it was still new or if I had $0 deductible on comprehensive coverage

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
About a year ago I got a crack in my heated windshield, 2001 Disco2. I got mine replaced at SafeLite, and my insurance paid for everything. The windshield they put in was made by PPG I believe, but not sure if they the OEM ones for Land Rover or not. But I haven't had any troubles with this one, does me just fine.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah safelite is good. Delt with them in the past with no problems. Its not mechanical so I say go for it.

fire1427

Reaction score
Is it HEATED or regular windsheild ...I looked at a used 03 DiscoII and it had a cracked windsheild they quoted me $300 for an aftermarket non heated one but the "heated" replacement was $900

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
It is a heated one... btw this will be my third windshield though, as the original didnt "heat" properly so i had it replaced under warranty for a new one now this one got cracked by a huge rock.
Eric if it says landrover in the bottom right corner its an original if not then its not.
just the only thing i was really worried about was the clarity of the glass... as the guy at repair shop was saying that there could be issues with that, but i thought sounds like he was just trying to get me to go for the OEM...otherwise i didnt know what to do...:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If your insurance is paying for it, then it should be warrantied against issues like clarity. Ask your agent and find out.

T

twitchy

Unless all windscreen manufactures have suddenly gone to crap there is NO reason an aftermarket windscreen will be worse.

Joey:: "I can't see the difference" that's gold, :rofl:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635