OEM Foglight Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I promised in the post I will cover how I install my OEM foglights in my 2006 non-foglight LR3.

Before I do, if you are not mechnically saavy, please do not attempt! My own opinion of this project is if I had to do it all over again..... I probably would have a body shop cut the holes, it would have been less grief! Just my take.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS BEYOND THIS POINT!.

Parts

right light: XBJ000080*
left light: XBJ000090*
light key: YUD501220PVJ*
wires pack: YMQ500762*
light fourniture right: DXB500041PCL*
light fourniture left: DXB500051PCL*

Tools

Dremmel
Torx Screw Driver Set
Socket Set
Pliars if needed

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the bumper is removed mark your hole bounderaries from inside the bumper by making a cross with your dremmel. This will come in handy later in the project.

Now that the bounderaries are done, use the inside of the outer covers to mark the foglight holes on the bumper with a permenant marker.

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After, you have the circle marked you can begin cuting the sections out. Until the hole is completely cleared.....

This is the most important and the hardest step of the project!

hint...the hole that you cut will be slightly smaller than what you need it to be. Take the plastic outer ring and mark the **** with your marker. This is where you are going to need to leave some bumper for them to catch.

I did not do this and the inside of my covers do not snap completely in. I had to use velcro to correct this error. Just take your time and keep cutting until the covers fit in the hole.

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you complete the cutting of the hole, seat the foglights in the hole and the covers for placement.....

If I remember correctly the L on the lamps was for the Driver's side and the R is for the passenger side.

The hard part is done...now just fasten the lamps down and install the wire harness. The harness will install on on the R side of the truck below the headlight placement.

Last edited:

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up! Thanks for sharing - good for everyone without the fogs that don't want to argue with a dealer!

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not cover the changing of the switch because it is pretty straight forward. just yank the bottom of the dash where the switch is located and it will give away. Then replace the old switch with the new one. You'll need you torx screw driver for this.... If everything worked out your finished product should look something like this!

Last edited:

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again to Davez26...I could not have done it without him!

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the write-up. Two questions:

What was the approximate cost?

Could you clarify the part about swapping out the switch? I think one of your sentences was missing a word or two :)

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice DIY, and kudo's for including the term "****" in a technical writeup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635