not the battery, what could it be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the battery checked, they aid it was fine.
Here are the symptoms.
This morning when I went to start there was a second of clicking and then it started, I did get a couple of faults, on was a transmission fault.
Other times when I go to start it and there is a slight delay before the starter engages.
Can someone lend me some advise on what this might be if it is not the battery…

thanks in advance

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like a battery issue or maybe a starter issue to me. I had the same issue a month back and took it to my local Landy Dealer. They did a complete diagnostic of the electrical system including Battery, Starter, Ground Wire etc... They found the battery was the issue and the starter was just fine. Also, there was a TSB to improve electrical usage (whatever that means) and updated the Landy's ECU software. Did you take yours to a dealer??

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same symptoms as you, but with more associated electrical problems. The dealership diagnosed it as a faulty ground wire to the engine block and repaired the problem. This solved the problem of the faults (mine would click, then start, then get faults), but the starter still did the "click." I took it back and they looked at the starter and replaced it. I haven't had any issues since. It could be one or the other or both or something else. You have a starting point, at least.

Mine is an 05 LR3 HSE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo