Mud flaps or not? Loadspace mat or not? Full mat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

I usually put mud flaps on my vehicles. I have not seen the mud flaps for the LR3. I would typically buy them; however, can anyone who has them or seen them tell me what they think? Do they look good or goofy, etc. Also, do they get in the way of going off-road. This vehicle will be used off-road.

I need to get a cargo cover as well. Is the LR loadspace mat the best choice? I think I am going with the flexible one, but if anyone has any advice I would sure appreciate it. Also, if there is a mat that covers the full load floor wiht all seats folded, that would be great. Any ideas?

Finally, is there a specific OBDII reader and Factory Offcial Service Manual that I can get that you guys reccomend.

Thanks for the help. Sorry to be such a noob at this time on this board.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use them and consider them worthwhile; keeps the vehicle a bit cleaner. I think they look fine. However, they may break if you do ******** off-road. Mine haven't yet... but I might remove them if I was doing regular extreme stuff.

I have the rollable cargo mat since it is easy to put away... works great, but it doesn't cover the whole area when all seats are folded. LR does not sell a full loadspace cover. I use a tarp when needed...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

toddjb123

I have the mud flaps and the loadspace mat. I think you can see the flaps in my "pics from a trip" post. They're hard flaps but are pretty low profile. All the same, I wouldn't be suprised if one gets torn off off-roading...

Load space mat works fine. I overlap it with some spare carpet when I have all the seats folded down.

J

jefforysm

I bought the flexible load space mat and love it. I just wish there was some sort of flap that would cover the tailgate when it is down. The dog hits that first when jumping in. Since the carpet is brown and his paws are muddy, I expect to be cleaning it regularly.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a plastic carpet runner (for putting down in a hallway-clear plastic with little grips on the bottom to prevent sliding). I cut it into a shape to cover the tailgate with tin shears. I store it under the rubber loadspace mat and slide it out to cover the tailgate when needed. It stores in the same space as the loadspace mat ( I just roll them up together) and it's always available under the mat. Works great-and was cheap-10 bucks for a 60" x 30" runner.

S

sierragirl

Doesn't your doggie slip and slide all over the tailgate when he jumps onto the plastic runner?

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sierragirl said:
Doesn't your doggie slip and slide all over the tailgate when he jumps onto the plastic runner?
I guess that's a good point, but it protects well for other uses, like standing on the tailgate to load bikes on the roof rack or for using the 'gate as a camping kitchen. My dog is too old to jump up anyway- so he rides on a towel spread over the 2nd row seat.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635