MD suspension with arb bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys when I got my medium duty set up was not planning on getting a winch bumper,sliders,tjm rear bumper,diff guards,and steering protection.
Is it to heavy to run this equipment with md omu coils and stock replacement bilsteins shocks. Shocks have about 6000 miles and coils have 1500. Planning a family trip in a few weeks.
Truck feels heavier but runs the same. Thanks. Oh yeah full roof rack,lights and snorkel.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember and then that goes under the vehicle doesn't effect the springs or shocks.. i.e. the diff guards and steering protections.

but you say your not getting this.. or are getting all of the stuff.

medium duty will be fine but if you are doing the winch bumper, sliders rear bumper and roof rack and lights... then I would suggest HD.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey got it all on the truck already. Guess its time for in up grade then. Sucks cause suspenion pretty new. Got every thing for 2 grand. To good to pass up

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, hold the new purchase, if you have it all on there how is it driving, and have you or are you going off road with it?

Planning to add more weight?

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drives like a tank but no offroad yet. Me and a couple of guys are setting something up soon. Change brakes/rotors cause of the added weight. I will wait and see how it performs offroad before new suspension. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason I ask, is with the added weight, the odds are you may no longer have the lift that the MD springs originally offered you. But as long as you have the same as stock or more you may be fine... I Would hate for you to go out and buy new springs if the ones you have will do the job.

I know on my Disco, I have HD OME Springs, and the ride is not soft, but I love it off road. Feels more sure footed. It originally gave me a 2" lift, but after adding rock sliders and custom front bumper (almost 300# of steel) the front is a little lower than when the springs were first put on, but it works well and I have no complaints.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that I was waiting for the front to start sagging. My buddy told me that omu tends to do it over time. These are pretty much brand new. The usual right side lean is there and still have clearance for the 245/75/16. Thanks Joey

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
OME sag? I have had mine for 6 years 5 of which I have had a 300lbs front bumper... no sagging here.

Sounds like yours are still doing the job.. I wouldn't worry about upgrading.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90